Journal of Yaşar University adopts COPE’s guidelines regarding “allegations of misconduct” in cases of misconduct and violation. Hence, the journal defines in detail the liabilities of the publisher, editors, reviewers, the Scientific Board and authors prior, during and after the publication process in the Publication Ethics.
- In cases when an article is submitted to various publishers, comparing different versions of a single work submitted to various journals and explanations of authors and enquirers regarding the work in question enables to cooperate and make an effort in cases of suspected misconduct and violation and to act accordingly together with enquirers/authors and/or their institutions.
- Having regard to the significance of confidentiality in scientific publication process, Moment Journal shares information regarding authors and reviewers only in order to prevent suspected misconducts and to fulfill the obligation to handle such cases.
- Journal editors and theme editors have to make the first enquiries in suspected cases before sharing such information. Thus, sharing information is only at stake when the author does not respond, provides insufficient explanation or the said allegation of misconduct might affect more than one journal.
- If required, such information is only shared with editors whom are believed to have knowledge of the subject in question, and the shared information is limited with factual content only.
- Editors and theme editors guarantee to protect confidentiality of communication to the greatest extent possible.